Make BeTTER DEcISIONS
Be a game changer with mental models and data driven decisions
Audience : Age 7+
This site is about making better decisions so you can act and improve your life. The three subtle areas which affects decision making are shown below in the concentric circles. If you work on these three areas you get to make better decisions. Your life is a series of decisions. Consistent good decisions help you with living an extraordinary life.
The mind looks at the WORLD through your senses and creates Mental Models. This how your evolving operating system works so that you can operate in this world.
A mental model is a representation, inside your head, of an external reality. Mental models are the basic units which construct a person’s worldview. It is the representation that a person has in his mind about the object he is interacting with. It is the way the person thinks about what it is they are doing or dealing with.
Mental models for reducing errors in your decision making
1. How dependable are your senses ?
2. What do you do when you have lots of information ?
Basics : Bias (Includes Play)
When things are more recent or when there are strong emotions associated, we behave differently : Empathy Gap
When things have features which are strong or unique, you give them special considerations : Extraordinarity Bias
3. What do you do when you don't find enough meaning ?
When we make decisions, we use our own stories to make those decisions: Neglect of Probability
4. What do you do when you have to make comparisons ?
5. How do you deal with incentives ?
6. What do you do when you expect things from others ?
Mental Models for better efficiency
1. What do you do for Efficiency ?
2. What do you do when there is cause and effect ?