LIFE IS EncHANTING
life lessons - one comic strip at a time
The mind looks at the WORLD through your senses and creates Mental Models. This how your evolving operating system works so that you can operate in this world. This site will focus in on the visual sense to help learn and make better decisions faster.
A mental model is a representation, inside your head, of an external reality. Mental models are the basic units which construct a person’s worldview. It is the representation that a person has in his mind about the object he is interacting with. It is the way the person thinks about what it is they are doing or dealing with.
Mental models for reducing errors in your decision making
1. How dependable are your senses ?
2. What do you do when you have lots of information ?
Basics : Bias (Includes Play)
When things are more recent or when there are strong emotions associated, we behave differently : Empathy Gap
When things have features which are strong or unique, you give them special considerations : Extraordinarity Bias
3. What do you do when you don't find enough meaning ?
When we make decisions, we use our own stories to make those decisions: Neglect of Probability
4. What do you do when you have to make comparisons ?
5. How do you deal with incentives ?
6. What do you do when you expect things from others ?
Mental Models for better efficiency
1. What do you do for Efficiency ?
2. What do you do when there is cause and effect ?